Lets face it, life is busy and there are so many choices for books out there. This space is dedicated to those special must read books that can be quite helpful to those interested in making changes in their lives.
- Your Money Or Your Life by Dominguez & Robbins
This is an excellent book with concrete steps to begin aligning your values with your money. With a non-dogmatic approach, it encourages you to define what “enough” means to you and to a plan around living within this “enoughness.” Some people
have found this book to give them more meaning in life by beginning to plan a future filled with possibility, even without a million dollars. This book is highly rated.
- How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So kids Will Talk by
Faber & Mazlish
This is one of the best books out there on communication skill building. Don’t be deceived by the title, this is a great book for learning better ways to communicate with any other human being. The book breaks down the concepts in many different ways to help the concepts sink in. There are narratives, cartoon examples, as well as activities and homework. Easy to read, interesting and excellent tips on communicating more effectively. This is a must read!
- Miracle Of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Another ‘must read’, the Miracle of Mindfulness is about slowing down, being more intentional in our lives. So many of us whirl through this life and all our actions. Have you ever ‘finished’ a shower, wondering if you washed or not, or just only shampooed your hair? This book encourages readers to practice slowing down and paying attention to the moments as you experience them. When you think of it, your life is now, this second, this one, this one. We might as well be present for them!
- What Happy People Know By Baker & Stauth
I appreciate this book about the principles of happiness because it didnít over simplify the concept of being happy, as well as pointing to the hard work involved to achieve a regular state of happiness. In addition, the book builds hope and provides tools to begin building more happiness into your life. Two excerpts of note can be found online including The Six Happiness Tools and The Five Happiness Traps. This is a book you will probably will be referring to friends and family!
- Check out my podast with the author Dan Baker, PhD